It was released by Vietnam Composers’ Association at a press conference in Hanoi on October 1.
Addressing the event, Vietnam Composers’ Association Chairman, Do Hong Quan, who is also Head of the Festival’s organizing board, said that Vietnam is the first Asian nation to host such an international event as a result of its constant efforts in developing instrumental music. The country is regarded as a bright spot in Asia’s instrumental music.
According to composer Nguyen Thi Minh Chau, head of the Criticism and Theory Department of the Vietnam Musicians Association, the event is a golden opportunity for Vietnamese artists to show their ability in the field of composition and performance and introduce the country’s culture to international friends.
Chau added that the festival attracted the participation of not only outstanding Vietnamese composers such as Do Hong Quan, Trong Dai, Doan Nho, Hoang Cuong, Nguyen Thien Dao but also young ones including Le Bang, Do Kien Cuong, and Tran Luu Hoang.
The five-day festival will include seven official performances and some other concerts, featuring contemporary music of different genres ranging from symphony orchestra, concert, folk and national music and opera to chorus and new songs.
Composer Pham Ngoc Khoi, vice chairman of the Vietnam Musicians Association noted that the event will be highlighted by an unique performance at Dau Go cave - Ha Long Bay, Quang Ninh province. Well-known artists from Military Culture and Arts University will introduce to audiences Hue royal court music and Chau Van (spiritual singing).
Entrance tickets to the festival are free of charge.
1. October 8, 2014: Opening Ceremony and Symphony Concert at Hanoi Opera House
2. 10h-October 9, 2014: Concert by young Vietnamese Composers at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
3. 20h-October 9, 2014: Chamber Music Programme at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
4. 10h-October 10, 2014: Special programme of The Japan-America Institute for New Music (JAINM) at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
5. 20h- The Programme of Chamber Music and Choir at Concert Hall, Vietnam National Academy of Music
6. 20h-October 11, 2014: The Program of "Friendship Melodies" at Vietnam - Japan Friendship Cultural House, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh province
7. 19h30-October 12, 2014: Closing Ceremony and Gala Concert at Hanoi Opera House