Fire kills 6 family members in southern Vietnam

A one-story house in the southernmost province of Ca Mau went on fire early July 31, leaving all six family members dead, the police said.

Authorities recovered the charred bodies, including those of two children, just after midnight. “We found them lying scattered on the floor, in the restroom or on the garret,” a firefighter said.

Neighbors near the house on Phan Boi Chau Street in Ca Mau’s eponymous town, said they smelled something burning at around 0 a.m. and were trying to alert seven members who were sleeping inside the 100-square-meter house. But only one managed to get out.

Local authorities have confirmed the identities of the victims. They are Tran Quang Tien, a local teacher, and his wife Tran Kim Anh, both 59; his children Tran Kim Hang, 28, and Tran Quang Toan, 22; and his grandchildren Tran Thanh Vi, 8, and Quach Gia Hy, 4.

Tien’s another son, Tran Quang Minh, was not home when incident happened.

Further investigations are underway.

Deadly fires are common in Vietnam and are generally blamed on a lack of fire-safety measures.

Related

Fire engulfs Chinese candle plant in northern Vietnam
Fire engulfs Chinese candle plant in northern Vietnam

A fire broke out at a major industrial park in the northern port city of Haiphong late July 24 and ravaged a plant run by a Chinese candle manufacturer for almost nine hours. No human casualties have been reported as of press time.

Fire engulfs Chinese candle plant in northern Vietnam

Fire engulfs Chinese candle plant in northern Vietnam

A fire broke out at a major industrial park in the northern port city of Haiphong late July 24 and ravaged a plant run by a Chinese candle manufacturer for almost nine hours. No human casualties have been reported as of press time.

Fire kills four in Ho Chi Minh City
Fire kills four in Ho Chi Minh City

VOV.VN - A fire occurred at an electricity appliance shop in Tan Phu district of Ho Chi Minh City, on the early morning of June 10, claiming four lives. 

Fire kills four in Ho Chi Minh City

Fire kills four in Ho Chi Minh City

VOV.VN - A fire occurred at an electricity appliance shop in Tan Phu district of Ho Chi Minh City, on the early morning of June 10, claiming four lives.